We brought you all you need to know about the famous English pop singer Adele, read this Article till the end to get to know everything about this beautiful and talented Artist.
Adele, byname of Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, (born May 5, 1988, Tottenham, London, England), English pop singer and songwriter whose soulful emotive voice and traditionally crafted songs made her one of the most broadly popular performers of her generation.
Adele is a British singer-songwriter who has sold millions of albums worldwide and won a total of 15 Grammys as well as an Oscar. Adele’s first two albums, 19 and 21, earned her critical praise and a level of commercial success unsurpassed among her peers. After becoming a mom in 2012, Adele returned to the charts with the ballad “Hello” in 2015, the lead single from what was dubbed her comeback album 25. In 2017 she won five Grammys for her work on 25, including album, record and song of the year. Let’s take a look at her Biography.
|Full Name||Adele Laurie Blue Adkins|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Musician and Arranger|
|Height||In centimetres: 175 cm|
In metres: 1.75 cm
In feet&inches: 5’9″
|Weight(approx)||In kilograms: 63 kg|
In pounds: 139 lbs
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|DOB||5 May, 1988|
|Age (as in 2022)||34 years|
|Birth place||Tottenham, London, England|
|School||BRIT School of Performing Arts and Technology (2006)|
Film- Katy Perry: Part of me (Cameo)
|Family|| Mother-Penny Adkins (Furniture Maker and an Adult- Learning Activities Organizer)|
Brother-Cameron Evans(Half Brother)
|Children||Angelo James Konecki|
|Ethnicity||English and Welsh|
|Fan Mail Address||Adele|
1 Codrington Mews
London, W11 2EH
|Inspiration||Spice Girls Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James and Roberta Flack|
Simon Konekki (2011-present)
|Current Relationship Status||In a relationship with Simon Konecki|
|House||Sussex Home ($11 million)|
|Car(s)||VolksWagen Sharan, Porche Caynne and Rangerover|
|Movies||Twilight Series and Charlie & Chocolate Factory|
|Singers||Rihanna and Pitbull|
|Perfume||Light Purple by Dolce|
|Sports||Cricket and Football|
|Actresses||Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock|
|Actor||Tom Cruise and Bradley Cooper|
Adele: Early Life, Family and Background
Adele Laurie Blue Adkins was born on May 5, 1988, in Tottenham, England, to a Welsh father, Marc Evans, and an English mother, Penny Adkins. When Adele was still a kid, Evans left the family and thereafter, she was raised by her mother. Adele developed a passion for music and started singing at a young age. She was influenced by the ‘Spice Girls’ and also enjoyed the works of Lauryn Hill, ‘Destiny’s Child,’ and Mary J. Blige.
At the age of 14, Adele discovered the collection of Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald at a local music store and was fascinated by their music. A stage performance by ‘Pink,’ which Adele witnessed as an audience member, played a significant role in fueling her ambition to become a singer. She was enrolled at the ‘BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology’ in Croydon. While studying, she wrote and composed songs, later posting them on her ‘Myspace’ page. After graduating in 2006, she recorded a three-song demo for a class project which impressed the ‘XL Recording’ executives. Subsequently, she was contacted by the company and signed a recording contract.
In 2008, Adele’s debut album titled ‘19’—named after the singer’s age when she began recording it—was released. The album featured two popular lead singles ‘Hometown Glory’ and ‘Chasing Pavements’ which catapulted her to overnight fame.
In March 2008, she signed a deal with ‘Columbia Records’ and ‘XL Recordings.’ Later that year, her world tour, ‘An Evening with Adele,’ began and lasted till June 2009.In January 2011, she released her second and much-anticipated studio album ‘21,’ which was again named after her age at the time of recording it. The album was a success and she received much appreciation for its classic American R&B and jazz style.
Studded with hits like ‘Rolling in the Deep’ and ‘Someone Like You,’ the record became a major hit. The album’s single ‘Set Fire to the Rain’ became Adele’s third No. 1 single on the ‘Billboard Hot 100.’ Subsequently, she became the first artist ever to have an album at the No.1 position on the ‘Billboard 200’ concurrently with three No.1 singles.
In 2012, she composed and recorded the theme song ‘Skyfall’ for the James Bond film of the same name. Upon its release, the song became a chartbuster and rose to No. 2 on the ‘UK Singles Chart.’ The track also entered the ‘Billboard Hot 100’ at No. 8, selling more than two million copies in the United States in its first three days.
On November 2015, she released her album ‘25’ which was a hit. In that same year, her song ‘Hello’ debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s pop charts.
- Her album ‘21’ sold over 3.4 million copies in the UK, and became the biggest-selling album of the 21st century. It also made Adele the first artist ever to sell three million albums in the UK in one calendar year.
- In 2012, ‘Billboard’ announced Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’ as the biggest crossover hit of the past 25 years, topping pop, adult pop, and adult contemporary charts.
Awards and Achievements
- In 2009, Adele received ‘Grammy Awards’ in the ‘Best New Artist’ and ‘Best Female Pop Vocal Performance’ categories.
- In 2012, she was ranked No. 5 on VH1′s ‘100 Greatest Women In Music.’ The same year, she was named as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by the American magazine ‘Time.’
- In 2013, Adele won the ‘Academy Award’ in the ‘Best Original Song’ category for the James Bond theme song ‘Skyfall.’
- In 2013, she was made a ‘Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire’ (MBE) in recognition of her services to music.
- In 2017, she was ranked among the richest musicians under 30 years of age in the UK and Ireland by‘Sunday Times Rich List.’
Adele’s Net Worth
|Networth (as in 2022)||$ 182 Million|
|Networth in Indian Rupees||Rs. 1365 crore INR|
|Salary||$ 24 Million+|
|Monthly Income||$2 Million+|
- She had a foul-month during the Q&A time at her concert in London’s O2. She said, those who pressurize mothers to breastfeed, “can go and f*** yourself.”
- There were rumours that Adele went on ranting Chris Brown for being disrespectful at the 2013 Grammys.
- She has also been accused of Plagiarism for her song ‘Million Years Ago’ which supposedly has too many similarities with a Kurdish Artist’s Song Ahmet Kaya’s ‘Acilara Tutunmak’.
- Adele is associated with various charities and has performed in numerous charity concerts in order to raise money. She is associated with charities that help musicians in need, charities related to LGBT.She also raises money for organizations that promote research to reduce infant mortality rate.
- First winner of the Brit Awards Critics’ Choice (2008).
- Underwent throat surgery for a hemorrhaged vocal cord on November 7, 2011.
- Named as the “Artist of the Year” for 2011 by Billboard.
- Made Billboard history by becoming the first female singer to top the artist, album and singles list in the same year (2011).
- In the 2011 Billboard poll, Adele was voted for the Favourite Hot 100 No. 1 song (Rolling in the Deep) and Favourite Billboard 200 No. 1 for her album “21”.
- Is good friends with EastEnders (1985) actor Sid Owen.
- Voted #92 on Ask men’s Top 99 ‘most desirable’ woman of 2012 list.
- Won 6 awards at the 2012 Grammy Awards, including: Record of the Year for her album “21”, Album of the Year for “21”, Song of the Year for “Rolling in the Deep”, Best Solo Performance for “Someone Like You”, Best Pop Vocal Album for “21”, and Best Short Form Music Video for “Rolling in the Deep”.
- Ranked #20 of the “60 Richest Young People” in the UK’s The Sunday Times Rich List (2012) with earnings of £20m/$30.
- Prior to hitting the big time as a singer, Adele once lived in a 1BR flat directly above the bookstore run by Hugh Grant in the movie Notting Hill (1999).
- She and Beyoncé are avid mutual fans.
- First British female artist to reach the 10 million records sales mark in the U.S. with her album “21”. The album is also the first to top the list two years in a row (2011 & 2012) since Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” in 1983 and 1984. [November 2012]
- Won her first 2 Grammies at the 2009 ceremony, for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for the single “Chasing Pavements” from her freshman album, 19.
- Has a miniature dachshund.
- Suffers from a fear of flying and sailing.
- First female in the history of the “Billboard Hot 100” to have three singles in the top 10 at the same time: “Set Fire to the Rain” (#2), “Rolling in the Deep” (#5), “Someone Like You” (#7) – from the album “21” (2011).
- Her longtime boyfriend Simon Konecki is a campaigner for safe water worldwide a charity co-founded by screen legend Paul Newman to provide safe drinking water to people in the developing world.
- (June 30, 2017) Has damaged her vocal cords nearly six years after undergoing throat surgery for a hemorrhaged vocal chord in November 2011. In an emotional letter to fans and concertgoers via social media she announced she has canceled her last two tour dates at London’s Wembley Stadium following her June 28 and June 29 performances.
- (October 15, 2021) Even after a six-year absence from the music scene, the release of her single “Easy On Me” set a new Spotify record for the most streams in one day, surpassing the record previously held by South Korean boy band BTS who set the record with “Butter” in May 2021 .
- Adele and ex-husband Simon Konecki, who live opposite each other in Los Angeles, share the custody of their son Angelo. 
- During her six-year-long hiatus (2015-21), Adele managed to shed 45Kg/100lbs by lifting weights and engaging in circuit training.
Adele Social Media Handle
Here I have tried to share everything about Adele like her biography, net worth, career, family details, age, place of birth, education and more.
This post might be missing something. If you think there is anything missing about Adele Biography let me know in the comment section.
* Credits of all information and images goes to their rightful owners. I don’t own anything.
Also check Biographies&Networth of :
Frequently Asked Questions
While her new single “Easy on Me” has been crawling its way on top of the charts, her biggest hit since her debut was still “Rolling in the Deep.” From album 21, this hit was number one on the 2011 year-end Hot 100. This single has stayed in its number one spot for seven weeks and won Grammy's song of the year.
She released her debut album, 19, and reportedly earned around $10 million that year, per Celebrity Net Worth. Adele followed the success of her first record with 21 in 2011, which landed her a whopping six Grammy Awards. According to Celebrity Net Worth, the singer earned around $15 million that year.
In fact, Adele's album titles are always numbers, and they reflect the age that she wrote them. She wrote her debut album 19 at 19, followed by 21, then 25, and now, 30 Adele recently turned 33 but she started writing the album at 30.
Rolling in the Deep
Apparently the two met years ago at a party, where Adele drunkingly asked Paul to "sign" her: “I was a bit drunk. I said 'Do you want to sign me? I'm an athlete now. '”
Adele's album names reflect the age she was when she wrote them – rather than the age she was when they were released. Her debut was titled 19, the follow-up was called 21, and her third was called 25. ... I was 23 when 21 came out. I am 27.
The album was named after the age of the singer during its production. 21 shares the Motown/soul influences of her 2008 debut album 19, but also draws influence from the American country and Southern blues music that Adele started listening to during the North American leg of her tour An Evening with Adele.
Although she remains private and lives her life away from the spotlight, Adele has described her mum as her 'best friend' and often credited her with her success – and has said she was the inspiration behind such tracks as Million Years Ago and Hometown Glory.
Adele generated more than $50 million in ticket sales Wednesday for her upcoming Las Vegas residency at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace, averaging a record $2.2 million per show, according to Billboard's estimates.
9 years (19 October 2012)