|QUICK INFO:||Salary: |
Rs. 25 Crore/ Film
|Age: 54 Years|
The Khiladi Kumar, Akshay Kumar, the disciplined and punctual Bollywood celebrity is one of the most successful actors and highest-paid actors of the industry. The martial artist and stunt man have been in the filmy career for more than 29 years now.
He is a stage performer, grand television presenter, most popular celebrities and has appeared in over 100 films. In 2013, he was the first actor whose films’ crossed ₹20 billion (US$290 million) with respect to domestic net lifetime collections and ₹30 billion (US$430 million) by 2016. The actor has received numerous awards including two National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Rustom (2016), and two Filmfare Awards for Garam Masala (2005) and Ajnabee (2001).
Let’s take a look at his Biography.
Akshay Kumar: Biography
|Real Name||Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia|
|Nicknames||Akki, Raju, Mac and Khiladi Kumar|
|Profession||Actor, producer and presenter|
|Known For||Mr. Bond (1992)|
|Date of Birth (DOB)||Saturday, 9th of September 1967|
|Age (as of 2022)||54 years|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Currently Living In||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|House Address||1) 203 A Wing, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West) , Mumbai 400053|
2) Ground Floor, Juhu Prime Beach Apartment, Gandhigram Road , Juhu , Mumbai –400049
|Professional debut||Saugandh released in 1991|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Punjabi|
|School||Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling|
|College||Guru Nanak Khalsa College (King’s Circle)Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Drop out|
|Father||Hari Om Bhatia|
|Sibling(s)||Sister: Alka Bhatia|
|Relationships||Pooja Batra, |
|Children||Daughter – Nitara Kumar|
Son – Aarav Kumar
|Height (approx.)||In Metres: 1.8 m|
In Centimetres: 180 cm
In Feet/Inches: 5,11″
|Weight(approx.)||In Kg: 80 Kg|
In Pounds: 176 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Chest in Inches||42 inches|
|Biceps in Inches||16 inches|
|Hip in Inches||16 inches|
|Waist in Inches||34 inches|
|Tattoos||On Left Shoulder – His Wife nick ” TINA”|
On his back – His son “AARAV”
Akshay Kumar: Favorites
|Hobbies||Collecting posters of old Bollywood movies, cooking, martial arts, playing volleyball and cricket|
|Favourite Food||Thai green chicken curry, miso soup, sushi, sashimi, chocolate fudge|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Haasan, Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh|
|Favorite Destination||Mauritius, Goa, Canada|
Akshay Kumar: Early Life and Background
Kumar was brought into the world in Amritsar, India to Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia in a Punjabi Hindu family. His dad was a military official. Since early on, Kumar was exceptionally keen on sports. His dad too appreciated wrestling. He lived and experienced childhood in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk and later he moved to Mumbai when his dad passed on Army to turn into a bookkeeper with UNICEF. Before long, his sister was conceived and the family lived in Koliwada, a Punjabi overwhelmed area of Central Mumbai.
He accepted his school instruction from Don Bosco School, at the same time learning Karate. He signed up for Mumbai’s Guru Nanak Khalsa College for advanced education, yet exited as he was very little keen on examinations. He mentioned his dad that he needed to learn conjugal expressions further, and his dad some way or another set aside cash to send him to Thailand. Kumar went to Bangkok to learn combative techniques and lived in Thailand for quite a long time learning Thai Boxing. Kumar additionally has a sister, Alka Bhatia. At the point when Kumar was a young person, his dad asked him what he sought to be. Kumar communicated his longing to turn into an entertainer.
In the wake of having acquired a dark belt in Taekwondo while in India, he concentrated on combative techniques in Bangkok, Thailand, where he learned Muay Thai and functioned as a culinary expert and server. After Thailand, Kumar went to work in Kolkata in a travel service, in Dhaka in an inn and Delhi where he sold Kundan adornments. Upon his re-visitation of Mumbai, he initiated the educating of combative techniques.
To shoot his first portfolio, he worked as an assistant for 18 months for photographer Jayesh Sheth without payment.
Akshay Kumar: Career
|1991–99||Played a dual role in Sabse Bada Khiladi, Umesh Mehra-directed action thriller. |
Played a supporting role in, Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Yash Chopra-directed romance-starring Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Karisma Kapoor.
|Sabse Bada Khiladi was the first commercial success.|
In the film, Dil To Pagal Hai, he received his first nomination for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
|2000–15||The film, Tashan, marked his comeback to the Yash Raj Films. |
Hosted a show named Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi.
Tamil film Thuppakki, Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty became the highest grosser of 2014 and entered the 1 billion elite club.
Housefull 2 and Rowdy Rathore grossed over ₹1 billion (US$14 million) at the box office.
|Tashan performed at the box office grossing ₹279 million (US$4.0 million) in India· |
The University of Windsor conferred an honorary Doctorate in recognition of his contribution to Indian cinema in 2008.·
The Asian Awards honoured Akshay Kumar for his outstanding achievement in cinema in 2012·
Khiladi 786 grossed 700 million at the domestic box office.
- Akshay’s performance was praised in film, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha which depicted the serious of issue of Toilets in certain regions of the country. To promote the film Akshay Kumar dug a toilet in Madhya Pradesh. As per Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, PM Modi called it a good effort to further the message of cleanliness.
- In 2018, Akshay starred in the social drama film Pad Man which raised awareness in society.
- Kumar appeared in Kesari, Karan Johar’s film which was based on the story of the Battle of Saragarhi, grossed over ₹200 crore (US$29 million) worldwide in 2019.
Television Serials & Realty Shows
- Seven Deadly Arts with Akshay Kumar
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi
- MasterChef India
- The Great Indian Laughter Challenge
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 9
Akshay Kumar: Awards and Achievements
|Awards & Achievements||2004 – Rajiv Gandhi Award for his Outstanding achievements in Bollywood|
|2009 – IIFA-FICCI Frames, “Most Powerful Entertainer of the Decade Award” for his contribution to Indian cinema|
|2011- The Asian Awards – Outstanding Achievement in Cinema|
|2019 National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues – Pad Man|
|2002- Best Villain – Ajnabee|
|2006- Best Comedian – Garam Masala|
|2009 – Screen Award for Best Actor (Popular Choice) fpr Singh Is Kinng|
|Won Many Stardust Awards , Big Entertainment awards , Zee Cine Awards etc|
Akshay Kumar: Networth
|Net Worth (2022)||$273 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 2050 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||4 Crore +|
|Yearly Salary||45 to 50 Crore +|
Akshay Kumar Net Worth Assets & Investments
- Expensive assets include a private jet, Harley Davidson V-Rod, also owns a team in the World Kabaddi League.
- According to DNA, the actor charges INR30 crore per film and he has been rumoured to have charged even INR1 crore per day.
- Akshay Kumar didn’t charge a fee for working in Airlift, according to DNA, but instead asked for 50% of the profit. The makers were able to make the film on a very low budget with INR25 crore budget which went on to make a profit of INR75 crore. This had a good day at the bank.
- Akshay Kumar has two production companies
- Hari Om Entertainment Company launched in 2009- Movies like Rustom and Pad Man.
- Grazing Goat Pictures launched in 2012 – the First film was OMG – Oh my God!
|Royce Phantom||INR 8.9 crore|
|Bentley Continental Flying Spur||INR 3.21 crore|
|Porsche Cayenne||INR 1.04 crore|
|Range Rover Vogue||INR 2.75 crore|
- According to recent reports, Akshay Kumar charges Rs 6-7crores per brand endorsements.
- Akshay has been signed on by almost 20 brands earning mints millions, including Tata and Harpic bathroom cleaner.
- He charges INR1 to INR1.5 crore per day for shooting ad films according to Live Mint report.
- Rasna, a juice brand paid him INR18 crore for a 3-year deal, according to recent reports.
- He donated ₹5 million (US$72,000) to Salman Khan’s Being Human Foundation.
- As of 2013, the actor has been the Bollywood industry’s highest advance taxpayer for six consecutive years. Paid: ₹190 million (US$2.7 million) as an advance tax payment.
- Kumar also had donated a sum of ₹9 million to drought-hit farmers in Maharashtra in 2015 and ₹5 million to the Maharashtra government’s Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan to aid drought-affected people.
- Akshay Kumar belongs to a Punjabi family and grew up in Old Delhi, though afterwards, he moved to Koliwada in Mumbai city.
- In his childhood, he was highly fascinated towards martial arts and started his martial arts training in 8th
- Akshay Kumar also worked as a chef in a restaurant called Metro Guest House with the intention of earning his living with his first salary was ₹1,500.
- After settling in Mumbai, he also worked as a peon for a travel agency. He afterwards taught martial arts to individuals.
- Once he settled in Mumbai, he had his own portfolio shoot at the similar place which is now his own Juhu Bangalow.
- In the movie titled Aaj, he portrayed his 17 seconds debut act as a Karate Coach.
- Akshay Kumar was named Rajiv Bhatia, but he changed it to Akshay before entering Bollywood and was born in Amritsar, India to Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia.
- Akshay lived and grew up in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk and later he moved to Mumbai where he lived in Koliwada, a Punjabi dominated area.
- Akshay received his school education from Don Bosco School and enrolled in Mumbai’s Guru Nanak Khalsa College for higher education, but dropped out after an year and went to Bangkok to learn martial arts.
- Akshay worked as an assistant for photographer Jayesh Sheth for 18 months without payment to shoot his first portfolio.He also worked as a background dancer in various films.
- Akshay Kumar is known for his discipline, in fact he wakes up at 5 in the morning and most of his interviews are scheduled at 6 am.
- Akshay Kumar starrer Boss entered the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest poster after beating Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’.
Akshay Kumar: Social Media Handle
- Bachchhan Paandey | Official Trailer | Akshay Kriti Jacqueline Arshad
- Akshay Kumar’s Savage Moments | Amazon Prime Video
- Prithviraj | Official Teaser | Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Sonu Sood, Manushi
Here I have tried to share everything about Akshay Kumar like his biography, net worth, career, family details, age, place of birth, education and more.
This post might be missing something. If you think there is anything missing about Akshay Kumar Biography let me know in the comment section.
* Credits of all information and images goes to their rightful owners. I don’t own anything.
Also check Biographies&Networth of :
Frequently Asked Questions
Kumar was born in Amritsar, Punjab, India, to Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia in a Punjabi family.
For Akshay Kumar, health matters the most and his fans know that his strict disciplined lifestyle and his exciting stunts in his films are testimony to this. The actor is a vegetarian and he gains all his strength from just plant-based protein.
Our Bollywood's Khiladi is also one of the richest actors in the industry, having a net worth of $325 million.
The actor sleeps by 9-9:30 pm and wakes up at around 4 or 4:30 am. Akshay doesn't believe in just following one workout routine. The actor also includes sports in his fitness regime and loves playing basketball and practising kickboxing.
Akshay Kumar's Fitness Regime
He believes in staying fit the natural way, along with following a strict and disciplined schedule. He loves making his work outs a lot more adventurous and fun by playing basketball, practicing kick-boxing, practicing yoga, swimming and lots of martial arts.
Akshay has earlier mentioned that he does not work out for more than an hour five to six times a week.
Akshay Kumar is a Black Belt in Taekwondo. The actor learned Muay Thai (martial arts) while working as a chef and waiter in Bangkok. Akshay was interested in martial arts since childhood and began training in class VIII.
I met Twinkle for the first time during a photo session with Jayesh Seth for Filmfare. I still have that photograph. Thank you Filmfare! However, it was actually during the shooting of their film, International Khiladi, when the two had fallen in love with one another.