|QUICK INFO:||Age: 34 Years||Hometown: |
|Wife: Aakriti |
Aparshakti Khurana (conceived 18 November 1987) is an entertainer, radio station personality, comic, vocalist and TV have and a previous Indian cricketer who was the chief of Haryana U-19 Cricket Team. He is the more youthful sibling of entertainer Ayushmann Khurrana.
Khurrana’s most memorable Bollywood project accompanied the games biopic Dangal (2016), which arose as one of the greatest netting Indian movies ever and procured him a few acknowledgments. He therefore figured out how to assume supporting parts in a few other monetarily effective movies like Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017), Stree (2018), Luka Chuppi (2019) and Pati Patni Aur Woh (2019). In 2021, he acted in Helmet, his most memorable film as a performance lead.
Let’s take a look at his Biography.
Aparshakti Khurana: Biography
|Real Name||Aparshakti Khurana|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Radio Jockey, and TV Presenter|
|Debut||Film (Actor)-Saat Uchhakey (2016)|
TV – Box Cricket League (2016)
|Best Movies||Dangal (2016), Stree (2018), Luka Chuppi (2019), Pati, Patni Aur Woh (2019), and Street Dancer (2020)|
|Language Known||Hindi, Punjabi & English|
|Date Of Birth||18 November 1987|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Educational Qualification||A Degree in Law|
|Height||In Centimeters: 173 cm|
In Meters: 1.73 m
In Feet & Inches: 5′ 8″
|Weight||In Kilograms: 70 kg|
In Pounds: 154 lbs
|Body Measurement (approx.)||Chest-38|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Children|| Daughter: Arzoie A Khurana.|
|Color||Black, White, Blue|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan|
|Actress||Taapsee Pannu, Radhika Apte, Konkona Sen Sharma|
|Food||Rajma Chawal, Tandoori Chicken, Chocolates|
|Film||Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, in the year 1992|
|Director||Nitesh Tiwari, Shoojit Sircar, Sharat Katariya|
|Hobbies||Singing, Travelling, Writing, Playing Guitar, Playing Cricket|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, London, Dubai|
Aparshakti Khurana: Early & Personal Life
Khurrana was born on 18 November 1987 in Chandigarh. His father P. Khurrana is an astrologer and an author on the subject of astrology, whereas his mother Poonam is a house wife of half-Burmese descent and an M.A. in Hindi. He completed his schooling and graduation in law from Chandigarh. He was also into sports at school and captained the Haryana U-19 cricket team. He completed his higher education in the field of Mass Communication from IIMC Delhi. He is also the younger brother of Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana.
He married Aakriti Ahuja, a businesswoman and an ISB graduate (whom he met at a dance class in Chandigarh) on 7 September 2014. In June 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child. The couple became parents to a baby girl on 27 August 2021, Arzoie A Khurana.
Aparshakti Khurana: Career
Aparshakti auditioned for MTV Roadies (Season 3, Episode 2). It was the first time, he faced the camera.
DEBUT AND BREAKTHROUGH (2016–18)
Khurana made his acting debut with Nitesh Tiwari’s biographical sports drama Dangal (2016) which is the real story of Mahavir Singh Phogat. He is an Indian amateur Pehlwani wrestler, who trains his two daughters Geeta and Babita to become India’s world class top-female wrestlers. Aamir Khan was cast as Mahavir, while Fatima Sana Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra featured as the two daughters, and Khurana played Omkar, Mahavir’s nephew. The film garnered favorable reactions from critics and was highly anticipated.
Dangal eventually proved to be the highest-grossing Indian film with over ₹20 billion (US$260 million) in global ticket sales, becoming Khurana’s highest-grossing release ever and earning him praise along with a Screen Award for Best Male Debut and a nomination under the same category at the Filmfare Awards. The Shashank Khaitan directed-romantic comedy Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017) was Khurana’s next film release. Co-starring Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan, the film narrated the story of an independent young woman (Bhatt) from rural India who refuses to conform to patriarchal expectations from her chauvinistic fiancé (Dhawan).
Khurana was cast as Bhushan Mishra, Bhatt’s brother-in-law. Badrinath Ki Dulhania proved to be one of the top-grossing productions of the year, grossing over ₹2 billion (US$26 million) worldwide. In 2018, Khurana appeared in three films, the first of which was Mudassar Aziz’s Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi (a sequel to the 2016 film Happy Bhag Jayegi), a comedy about two girls who both are named Happy. A critical and commercial failure, it co-starred Sonakshi Sinha and Diana Penty, with Khurana playing the supporting part of Aman Wadhwa, the eloped fiancé of Happy 2 (Sinha).
His next role was in Amar Kaushik’s directorial debut Stree, a horror comedy co-starring Rajkummar Rao, Shraddha Kapoor, and Pankaj Tripathi. Stree emerged as a major commercial success with a worldwide gross revenue of ₹1.80 billion (US$24 million), and his performance earned him a Best Supporting Actor nomination at Filmfare. Khurana’s final release of 2018 was the Netflix film Rajma Chawal. Directed by Leena Yadav, it starred Rishi Kapoor, Anirudh Talwar and Amyra Dastur, and was poorly received.
FURTHER SUPPORTING ROLES (2019–PRESENT)
Khurana took on another supporting role in Laxman Utekar’s 2019 romantic comedy Luka Chuppi, co-starring Kartik Aaryan, Kriti Sanon and Tripathi. Set in Uttar Pradesh, ‘Luka Chupi’ is about the story of a live-in-relationship between a headstrong woman (Rashmi, played by Kriti Sanon) and a television reporter (Guddu, played by Kartik Aaryan). His next film of the year was debutante Prashant Singh’s Jabariya Jodi, starring Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra, which deals with the prevalence of groom kidnapping in Bihar.
After doing a special appearance in his brother Ayushmann’s commercially successful satire Bala directed by Kaushik, he played Aaryan’s best friend in his last film of 2019, the comedy-drama Pati, Patni Aur Woh directed by Aziz, a remake of the 1978 film with the same name, which relates the life of a philandering husband who gets attractive towards his female co-worker. While Luka Chuppi, Bala and Pati Patni Aur Woh were commercially successful, Jabariya Jodi performed poorly at the box office. Khurana next starred in Remo D’Souza’s dance film Street Dancer 3D, a spin-off to the 2015 dance film ABCD 2, starring Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor, which was released on 24 January 2020.
His first lead role came in the comedy film Helmet which premiered on ZEE5. Khurana stars in Hum Do Hamare Do with Rajkummar Rao and Kriti Sanon, released on 29 October 2021 on Disney+ Hotstar.
- Dangal, Saat Uchakkey, In the year 2016
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania, In the year 2017
- Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi, Stree, Rajma Chawal, In the year 2018
- Luka Chuppi, Jabariya Jodi, Kanpuriye, Bala, Pati, Patni Aur Woh, In the year 2019
- Street Dancer 3d, In the year 2020
- Helmet, In the year 2021
- Hum Do Hamare Do, In the year 2022
Awards & Achievements
- Star Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer (2017) – Dangal
- Star Screen Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role (2017) – Nominated
- Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Dangal -Nominated
- Filmfare Award for Best supporting actor for Stree- Nominated
Aparshakti Khurana: Net Worth
|Net worth||Approx. the US $1 million|
|Source of income||Acting and television ads|
- Does Aparshakti drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Aparshakti smoke? Yes
- Aparshakti is a marathoner.
- Khurana’s mother is of half-Burmese descent.
- Aparshakti Khurana was the captain of the Under-19 Haryana Cricket team.
- Though he is a hardcore Punjabi, Aparshakti speaks Haryanvi as well.
- In the year 2009, Aparshakti moved from Chandigarh to Delhi to practice law at the Delhi High Court.
- Khurana was not happy with his choice of being a lawyer, Aparshakti then began his career as Radio Jockey with Big FM in Delhi, India.
- After that, Aparshakti entered the Dramatech theatre group in IIT, Delhi to improve his voice modulation and expressions.
- Later, Actor Khurana switched his RJ career to a host and has hosted several TV soap-operas-like ‘ ‘Super Night with Tubelight’ (in the year 2017), You Have Been Warned’ (in the year 2017), and ‘Om Shanti Om’ (in the year 2017).
- Handsome Khurana has also hosted Bigg Buzz, aired on Voot, where evicted contestants from Bigg Boss shared their experience and opinions about other housemates.
- Actor Aparshakti Khurana, along with his brother, Ayushmann Khurana, wrote and composed a video song, Ik Vaari, in the year 2016.
- Aparshakti has acted in a short movie, Popcorn, in the year 2014.
- Aparshakti Khurana performed the character of Omkar in Aamir Khan‘s hit movie, Dangal, in the year 2016.
- In the year 2018, Khurana made his guest appearance on the TV reality show, Ace of Space Season 1, aired on MTV India.
- Aparshakti has been featured in several TV commercials including Philips Trimmer.
- Aparshakti is a hookah lover.
- Khurana is an avid dog lover.
- Aparshakti Khurana made his Bollywood debut in 2016 by performing the character of Khappe in the Bollywood movie, Saat Uchakkey (released on 14 October 2016).
Aparshakti Khurana: Social Media Handle
- Ayushmann and Aparshakti | Brothers troll Shraddha Kapoor
- FilterCopy | If Google Were a Delhi Boy | Ft. Aparshakti Khurana
- Ayushmann Khurrana & Aparshakti Khurrana Interview by Rajeev Masand
Here I have tried to share everything about Aparshakti Khurana like his biography, net worth, career, family details, age, place of birth, education and more.
This post might be missing something. If you think anything is missing about Aparshakti Khurana’s Biography let me know in the comment section.
* Credits for all information and images go to their rightful owners. I don’t own anything.
Also check Biographies&Networth of :
Frequently Asked Questions
In June 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child. The couple became parents to a baby girl on 27 August 2021, Arzoie A Khurana.
Aakriti Ahuja was born on 23-01-1991 in Chandigarh, India. She is an Indian Entrepreneur, Businessperson, Media Personality, Founder & CEO of LaFeria Events, an events management company. She is the wife of Bollywood actor Aparshakti Khurana.
Khurana (Hindi: खुराना) is a Hindu and Sikh surname from the Arora and Khatri communities found in India.
Actor Ayushmann Khurrana and his younger brother actor Aparshakti Khurana have brought two new houses in Mumbai. The Khurrana brothers' apartments are in the same housing complex. Both the properties are on the 20th floor at Windsor Grande Residences, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri West.