|QUICK INFO:||Age: 54 Years||Height: 5’4″||Husband: |
Shriram Madhav Nene
Madhuri Dixit is a renowned Indian entertainer known for her jobs in the motion pictures ‘Beta,’ ‘Saajan,’ and ‘Murmur Aapke Hain Koun..!’ She started her vocation during the 1980s and came to prevalence with her part in the film ‘Tezaab’, where she featured close by veteran entertainer Anil Kapoor. She next showed up in the film ‘Dil’ in which she imparted the screen to Aamir Khan. Naturally introduced to a working class family in Mumbai, she began learning dance at an early age. She wandered into going about as a young person and battled for a couple of years as a large portion of her underlying movies were flops.
She in the long run made progress and proceeded to become one of the main entertainers in the Indian entertainment world. She enjoyed some time off from her profession following her marriage prior to getting back to media outlets. All the more as of late, she assumed a significant part in the film ‘Gulaab Gang’, which was about the battles of ladies in India. Dixit has been designated for fifteen Filmfare Awards, out of which she won eight. She was likewise regarded with the Padma Shri, the fourth most noteworthy regular citizen honor in India. She is referred to for her social fills in also.
Let’s take a look at her Biography.
Madhuri Dixit: Biography
|Full Name||Madhuri Dixit|
|Nick Name||Madhuri Dixit, Dhak Dhak Girl, Bubbly|
|Occupation/Profession||Indian actress, Model|
|Date of Birth (DOB)||15th May,1967|
|Age (as in 2022)||54|
|Birth Place||Mumbai Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Bollywood Film- Abodh (1984)|
Television- Paying Guest (1985)
|Height||In centimeters- 165 cm|
In meters- 1.65 m
In feet&inches- 5’5’’
|Weight||In Kilograms: 55 Kg|
In Pounds: 129 lbs
|Figure Measurement (approx)||34-27-34|
|Education||Divine Child School Andheri, Mumbai, MaharashtraGraduate in B.Sc. Microbilogy from Sathaye College Vile Parle Mumbai, India|
|Affair/Boyfriends||Anil Kapoor (Rumour)|
Sanjay Dutt (Rumour)
|Hobbies||Dancing, Traveling, Yoga, Music|
|Controversies||Madhuri Dixit Get into Controversie for a Kissing scene with former actor Vinod Khanna who is more than 20 years Old than her, in the Film Dhayawan. For this she is criticised by her fans and media.|
|Parents||Father- Late Shankar Dixit|
Mother- Snehlata Dixit
|Husband/Spouse||Dr. Shriram Madhav Nene (19 Oct. 1999. Cardiologyst)|
|Children||Son- Ryan Nene,|
|Sibling||Brother- Ajit Dixit|
Sister- Rupa Dixit,
|Favorite food||Kande Pohe,Modak, Bhakar, Ice-Cream, Choclate, Aloo Paratha|
|Favorite actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Balraj Shahni, Dharmendra, Amir Khan, Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt, Shahrukh Khan, Sunny Deol|
|Favorite actress||Madhubala, Nargis, Meryl Streep, Hema Malini, Rekha, Waheeda Rahman|
|Favorite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar, A R Rahman, Udit Narayan|
|Favorite film/TV Show||Ganga Jamuna, Sholay, Padosan, Garam Hawa, Gone with the Wind, Roman Holiday|
|Favorite colour||Pink, Orange, Black, White, Red|
|Favorite Sport||Cricket (Sunil Gawaskar, Ajay Jadeja)|
|Favorite Outfits||Salwar Suits, , Lehnga Chunni, Ghaghra, Sari|
|Favourite Cars||Collection-Mercedez Benz, BMW|
|Favoritedestination||Paris, London, New York|
Madhuri Dixit: Early Life
Madhuri Dixit was born on 15 May 1967, in Mumbai (then Bombay), Maharashtra, to Shankar and Snehlata Dixit. The youngest of four siblings, she has two sisters and one brother. She began displaying an interest in dance as a little girl of three. Her parents recognized her interest and arranged dance lessons for her. She received training in Kathak for eight years.
She studied at Divine Child High School. As a student, she was active in dramatics as well. She aspired to become a microbiologist and enrolled at Sathaye College where one of her subjects was microbiology. However, within six months she changed her mind and realized that acting was her true calling. Thus, she quit the course to pursue a career in acting.
Madhuri Dixit: Career
- Madhuri Dixit made her acting debut with a role in the film ‘Abodh’. Though the film didn’t perform well, she was praised for her performance. She appeared in many other unsuccessful films over the next few years, such as ‘Swati’, ‘Hifazat’ ‘Uttar Dakshin’ and ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi’.
- She started drawing attention after she played the female lead in the 1988 action romantic film ‘Tezaab’ in which she starred alongside Anil Kapoor. The film earned critical acclaim and won multiple awards. It also earned Dixit her first nomination for the ‘Filmfare Award’ in the category of ‘Best Actress’.
- In 1989, Dixit appeared in the film ‘Ram Lakhan’ which was directed by Subhash Ghai. It starred well-known actors, such as Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Raakhee and Amrish Puri. The same year, she starred alongside Mithun Chakravorty in the film ‘Prem Pratigya’ which was a commercial failure. However, her performance was appreciated and earned her a second nomination for the Filmfare Award. She appeared in two other successful films the same year, ‘Tridev’ and ‘Parinda’.
- She won her first Filmfare Award for her performance in the film ‘Dil’, where she was cast alongside Aamir Khan. She played the role of a rich and arrogant girl, who eventually leaves her home to marry a poorer boy. The film was a huge commercial success, and earned multiple nominations at the Filmfare awards. The same year, she also appeared in the suspense thriller film ‘Sailaab’ and the romantic drama ‘Saajan’.
- She won her second Filmfare Award for her role in the film ‘Beta’, where she again starred alongside Anil Kapoor. The film was remade from the Tamil movie ‘Enga Chinna Rasa’. Dixit’s performance was critically acclaimed. She next appeared in the action thriller film ‘Khalnayak’ starring alongside Sanjay Dutt and Jackie Shroff. The film was a huge success commercially.
- She appeared alongside Shahrukh Khan for the first time in the psychological thriller ‘Anjaam’. The film was a commercial success. Her next important role was in the film ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun…!’, where she starred alongside Salman Khan. The film was a monumental success, and it became the highest earning Bollywood movie of its time. It won four Filmfare Awards as well as a National Film Award.
- As her career progressed over the years, she appeared in many successful as well as unsuccessful films. These include ‘Raja’ (1995), ‘Dil toh Pagal Hai’ (1997), ‘Wajood’ (1998), ‘Arzoo’ (1999), ‘Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke’ (2001), and ‘Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam’ (2002).
- In 2002, she appeared in the film ‘Devdas’, which was the most expensive Bollywood film of the time. The film was a huge success commercially, and received a cult status over the years. It also received international recognition as it was India’s entry for the ‘Best Foreign Language Film for the Oscars’ in 2003. It was screened at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival as well. The film won numerous awards including five National Film Awards as well as eleven Filmfare Awards.She played a main role in the 2007 film ‘Aaja Nachle’.
- She next appeared in the sci-fi disaster movie ‘Dashavataram’ which starred Tamil superstar Kamal Hassan in the lead role. The film was a commercial success, and was met with mixed reviews.
- Though Dixit has been mostly inactive since 2008, in 2014, she made a comeback with appearances in two films, ‘Dedh Isqiya’ and ‘Gulaab Gang’. The former was an average commercial success, while the latter performed poorly.
- She is set to appear in two films in 2018: ‘Bucket List’, a Marathi drama film, and ‘Total Dhamaal’, which is the sequel to the hit comedy film ‘Dhamaal’. Besides her acting career, she has also appeared as a judge in four seasons of the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’.
Awards & Achievements
|Awards & Achievements||Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India in 2008|
|Kalabhinetri Award by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in 1997|
|Young Achiever’s Award at Indo-American Society in 2001|
|The Economic Times featured her in the list of 33 women who made India proud in 2010|
|Outstanding Contribution to the Entertainment Industry at the CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Awards in 2013|
|Influential Cinema Personality at Majha Sanman Puruskar in 2019|
|Various Filmfare Awards as Best Actress for her Films i.e Dil , Beta , Hum Aapke Hai Kaun ! , Dil to Pagal hai etc|
|#||Movie Name||Release Year!|
|7||Khatron Ke Khiladi||1988|
|16||Kanoon Apna Apna||1989|
|18||Paap Ka Ant||1989|
|23||Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin||1990|
|24||Jeevan Ek Sanghursh||1990|
|28||Pyar Ka Devta||1991|
|34||Zindagi Ek Jua||1992|
|42||Dil Tera Aashiq||1993|
|43||Aasoo Bane Angaarey||1993|
|45||Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!||1994|
|55||Dil To Pagal Hai||1997|
|56||Bade Miyan Chote Miyan||1998|
|61||Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke||2001|
|63||Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam||2002|
|67||Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani||2013|
|71||Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (Given voice)||2018|
|73||15 August (Producer)||2019|
- ‘Dil’ a 1990 Indian romantic drama film, is one of the early works in Madhuri Dixit’s career. Directed by Indra Kumar, the film also starred Aamir Khan, Anupam Kher and Saeed Jaffrey. The film was a commercial success, and won Dixit her first Filmfare Award in the ‘Best Actress’ category. It earned seven other Filmfare nominations. It was remade later in multiple languages.
- Another important work in Madhuri Dixit’s career is the psychological thriller film ‘Anjaam’. The film also starred actors, such as Shahrukh Khan, Deepak Tijori, Tinnu Anand, and Kiran Kumar. Directed by Rahul Rawaii, the film was about a wealthy industrialist Vijay Agnihotri, who falls in love with a woman named Shivani, and becomes obsessed with her. The film did well commercially, and both Khan’s and Dixit’s performances were praised.
- In the 2002 romantic drama film ‘Devdas’, she played the role of a prostitute. Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, it was the most expensive Bollywood film of the time, and it also became the highest earning film of the year. The film received mixed reviews. Over the years it has earned a cult status as well. It was also named by TIME magazine as one of the best movies of the year.
Apart from her acting career Madhuri Dixit has been actively involved in various charitable works. She has worked with UNICEF to advocate the rights of children and to prevent child labour. Government of India had made him brand ambassador of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign .
She has also supported various PETA campaigns in India. In 2001 she donated her winnings of Rs 50 lacs in “Kaun Banega Crorepati ” show to the victims of 2001 Gujarat earthquake and to an orphanage in Pune.
In 2013 she launched her own Dance Academy i.e “Dance With Madhuri” where she gives one to one dance lessons to the students.
Madhuri Dixit: Networth
|Net Worth (2022)||$34 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||250 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||1 Crore +|
|Yearly Income||12 Crore +|
- Madhuri Dixit is one of the most beautiful and most popular actress in Bollywood. She is one of the highest paid actress in Bollywood industry.
- Madhuri Dixit was born on 15 May 1967 in Andheri West Mumbai India in Shankar Dixit and Snehlata Dixit family.
- She has 2 elder sister Rupa Dixit, Bharti Dixit and one elder brother Ajit Dixit.
- From the childhood Madhuri has interest in Dancing. She learnt Kathak for Eight years to become a Professional Kathak Dancer.
- Madhuri Dixit received scholarship for her Kathak dance when she was just 9 years old for her performance on Gurupurnima Festival and there was a journalist who written an article in a paper and say that, This little girl Stole the Show.
- She completed her Graduation in B.Sc Microbiologist from Sathaye College Vile Parle Mumbai.
- Dixit Made her acting debut in Bollywood from the film Abodh in 1984.
- Madhuri Dixit get Married with Dr. Shriram Madhav Nene in 1999, who is a Cardiovascular Surgeon.
Madhuri Dixit: Social Media Handle
- A day in the life of Madhuri Dixit | Madhuri Dixit Nene
- The Fame Game | Official Trailer | Madhuri Dixit Nene, Sanjay
- Madhuri Dixit’s Skincare Routine | Madhuri Dixit Nene
Here I have tried to share everything about Madhuri Dixit like her biography, net worth, career, family details, age, place of birth, education and more.
This post might be missing something. If you think there is anything missing about Madhuri Dixit Biography let me know in the comment section.
* Credits of all information and images goes to their rightful owners. I don’t own anything.
Also check Biographies&Networth of :
Frequently Asked Questions
Candid Shahid recently professed his love for Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit and said that he had a strong crush on her. Bollywood's lover boy Shahid Kapoor might be a heartthrob of many, but the actor has been a staunch admirer of the dhak dhak girl.
It is a known fact that Madhuri Dixit was dating Sanjay Dutt back in the early 90s. But as soon as Dutt was arrested in 1993 Bombay blasts, Madhuri started to maintain her distance, and as they say, rest is history. But decades later, filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani has decided to bring Sanju baba's life on 70mm
However, Anil Kapoor got married in the year 1984. During his struggling days, when Anil Kapoor did not have money, Sunita used to bear his expenses. At the same time, Madhuri Dixit also tied the knot in the year 1999. Madhuri and Anil were last seen together in the film “Total Dhamaal” in the year of 2019.
They would definitely make a beautiful couple according to fans, but they were never in a relationship together. They have stayed good friends for a long time now. Their on-screen chemistry was definitely something that could strike something off-screen as well.
Millions of Madhuri Dixit's fans had no clue about her wedding with the US-based surgeon. The news in India was broken by Madhuri's long-time manager and colleague - Rikku Rakeshnath. After their wedding, the couple hosted a grand wedding reception in Mumbai for friends from Bollywood.
Jobs. Dr. Shriram Nene has 2 current jobs as MD and CEO at Dance with Madhuri and Chief Medical Officer at GOQii .
Madhuri Dixit and Shriram Nene are breaming in joy as son Arin, who is studying at the University of Southern California, returned home on Saturday to spend the holidays with his family.