|QUICK INFO:||Age: 39 Years||Wife: |
Ranbir Kapoor is a notable Indian Bollywood actor and producer. Ranbir Kapoor is one of the most capable and great entertainer in the Bollywood entertainment world. He is the most generously compensated entertainer on Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 rundown starting around 2012. Ranbir Kapoor has gotten a few honors, including six Filmfare. Other than acting, he is additionally known for his business abilities and his commitments to beneficent exercises and causes.
Ranbir Kapoor was brought into the world with a silver spoon in their mouth, to incredible and exceptionally well-known entertainer Rishi Kapoor and extremely skilled entertainer Neetu Singh on 28 September 1982 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His granddad Raj Kapoor was a popular legend as well as a prominent maker and head of Indian Cinema. Popular stars Randhir Kapoor and Babita Shivdasani are his fatherly uncle and auntie. Entertainers Kareena Kapoor and Karisma Kapoor are his cousins. He has likewise one sister Riddhima Kapoor.
Let’s take a look at his Biography.
Ranbir Kapoor: Biography
|Birth Name||Ranbir Raj Kapoor|
|Nick Name||Daboo, Ganglu|
|Age (as in 2022)||40 Years|
|Debut||• Film (Actor): Saawariya (2007)|
• Film (Producer): Jagga Jasoos (2017)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||28th September 1982|
|Residence||Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai (56 KrishnaRaj, Pali Hill, Bandra [W], Mumbai – 400050)|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Travelling, Watching Movies|
|Mother’s Name||Neetu Singh (Actress)|
|Father’s Name||Rishi Kapoor (Actor)|
|Sister||• Riddhima Kapoor Sahani|
• Cousin Sisters-
Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Nandita Mahtani (Fashion Designer)|
• Deepika Padukone (2007-2009)
• Katrina Kaif (2012-2016)
• Alia Bhatt
|Wife/Spouse||Alia Bhatt (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||14th April, 2022|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
• School of Visual Arts, New York
• Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York
|Educational Qualification||A Course on film making|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, and Businessman|
|Brands Endorsed||• Oreo|
• Asian Paints
• Renault India
• Tata Docomo
• Virgin Mobile
|Career Manager||Not Known|
|Height (Approx.)||In centimeters- 181 cm|
In meters- 1.81 m
In Feet Inches- 5’11″
|Weight (Approx.)||In Kilograms- 78 kg|
In Pounds-172 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Extra Ordinary Features|
|Race / Ethnicity||Hindu|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Tattoos||• On His Wrist: Written “Awara” in Hindi|
• Right Palm: A Cross symbol
|Cars Collection||• Audi A8|
• Audi R8
• Range Rover Sport
• Mercedes-Benz G63
|Favourite Food||Italian, Chinese, Home made Food especially Bhindi, Jungli Mutton, Paya|
|Favourite Actors||Bollywood: Rishi Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna|
Hollywood: Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino
|Favourite Colors||Red, White, Black|
|Favourite Actresses||Bollywood: Kajol, Madhuri Dixit|
Hollywood: Jennifer Connelly, Natalie Portman
|Favourite Desert||Mishti Doi, Creme Brulee and Gulab Jamun|
|Favourite Fruit||Mosambi, Bananas, Water-Melon|
|Favourite Restaurant||Gajalee, Ling’s Pavillion|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: ‘Shree 420’|
Hollywood: ‘Life is Beautiful’
|Favourite Songs||Kisiki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisaar (Anari), ‘The Boxer’ by Simon and Garfunkel, Channa Mereya|
|Favourite Singer||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite TV Shows||Travel and Living|
|Favourite Book||Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross|
|Favourite Cartoon||Tom and Jerry|
|Favourite Footballer||Lionel Messi|
|Favourite Football Team||Barcelona|
|Favourite Soap||La Prairie|
|Favourite Destinations||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Favourite Director||Anurag Basu, Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Controversies||• In his younger days, when he was partying at a pub, he met Salman Khan there and while partying they had an exchange of words during which Salman slapped him.|
• He attracted controversy when he revealed that he was asked to “Get Lost” by Natalie Portman. He saw her at Tribeca, a film festival where she was busy on the phone and crying, he quickly stopped her and said “I Love Your ..” and before he could say work, she said, “Get Lost”.
Ranbir Kapoor: Early Life
Ranbir Kapoor did his schooling from the Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai. In his school days, he was a very good football player and also played at a district level. At present, he is a co-owner of the Mumbai City FC, an Indian Super League football team. Ranbir completed his graduation from the RR. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. Then, he moved to the US to do a course on filmmaking at the School of Visual Arts in New York. After this, he learned the art of acting from the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York.
Before starting a career in acting, Ranbir assisted Rishi Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the movies- ‘Aa Ab Laut Chalen’ and ‘Black.’ Two years after the release of ‘Black,’ Ranbir Kapoor appeared as the protagonist in Bhansali’s romantic tragedy film ‘Saawariya’ in 2007. Though the film wasn’t a commercial success, it won Kapoor the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. In the film, he played the role of Raj who falls in love with a woman who awaits the return of her lover.
Ranbir Kapoor: Career
In 2007, Ranbir then played the main role in Bachna Ae Haseeno, a romantic drama directed by Siddharth Anand. The film, in which Kapoor played a womanizer, turned out to be a commercial success. In 2009, he played the lead role in ‘Wake up Sid!,’ a romantic comedy-drama directed by Ayan Mukerji. In the film, he portrayed the role of a spoiled rich kid who undergoes personality changes after he starts living with ‘Ayesha,’ an aspiring writer and journalist. Though the film depicted a romantic relationship between a younger man and an older woman, which is quite unusual in Bollywood, the film eventually became a hit.
The same year, he played the lead role in ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani,’ which eventually became the fourth highest-grossing film of the year. He also appeared in another movie titled ‘Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year’ where he portrayed an aspiring salesman. After appearing in several movies, such as ‘Raajneeti’ (2010) and ‘Rockstar’ (2011), he played the lead role in ‘Barfi’ (2012), which became one of the highest-grossing films of the year. The story revolved around a mute and deaf Nepali boy from Darjeeling and his relationships with two women. The film became India’s official entry for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. However, it failed to earn a nomination.
His role in the 2013 romantic drama ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ was also appreciated. Directed by Ayan Mukerji, the film was a huge commercial success, becoming one of the highest-grossing Indian films of the year. The film earned a Filmfare Award nomination for Best Actor.
Ranbir Kapoor was seen in other movies, such as ‘Roy’ (2015), ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2016), and ‘Jagga Jasoos’ (2017). In 2018, he portrayed the famed Indian actor Sanjay Dutt in the biographical drama ‘Sanju’. Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, it became the highest-grossing movie of the year and earned Kapoor critical appreciation. It also earned him a Filmfare Award for Best Actor. In 2018, he was cast to play a dual role as ‘Shamshera’ and his father in Karan Malhotra’s action-adventure film ‘Shamshera.’ He was also cast to play ‘Shiva’ in Ayan Mukerji’s superhero film ‘Brahmāstra.’
|1999||Aa Ab Laut Chalen|
|2008||Bachna Ae Haseeno|
|2009||Wake Up Sid|
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year
|2010||Raajneeti Samar Pratap|
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
|2016||Girls With Goals|
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
|2018||Love Per Square Foot|
Awards & Achievements
- Ranbir Kapoor has won six ‘Filmfare Awards’ in his career so far. He won the ‘Filmfare Award’ for ‘Best Male Debut’ for his performance in ‘Saawariya’ in 2008. In 2010, he won the ‘Filmfare Critics Award’ for ‘Best Actor’ for his performance in the film ‘Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year.’
- He won the ‘Filmfare Award’ for ‘Best Actor’ and ‘Best Actor (Critics)’ for his role in ‘Rockstar’ in 2012. The following year, he won the award for ‘Best Actor’ for his role in ‘Barfi!’ He won the ‘Filmfare Award’ for ‘Best Actor’ for his performance in the movie ‘Sanju’ in 2019. Kapoor has also won several other awards, such as ‘Screen Awards’ and the ‘International Indian Film Academy Awards.’
Ranbir Kapoor: Net Worth
|Net Worth (2022)||$45 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 322 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||3 Crore +|
|Yearly Income||30 Crore +|
- Does Ranbir Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does he smoke?: Yes
- His great-grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor was a cousin of Surinder Kapoor (Anil Kapoor‘s father).
- In class 7, he had his first girlfriend.
- Ranbir was very much naughty in his childhood, as he used to break toys to explore what’s inside them. Even, he once pushed the Fire Alarm in New York to check by which time the guards appear.
- Ranbir was the first from his Kapoor group to pass Class 10 and finish College.
- During the 9/11 attack in New York in 2001, he was on the street near the World Trade Center.
- In his teens, he had a huge crush on Imran Khan‘s wife, Avantika Malik.
- During the shoot of his debut film Saawariya, around 100 people saw him naked in his towel dance song, which was Jab Se Tere Naina.
- His mother is a health freak and takes care of Ranbir’s health by giving him healthy vegetable juices every morning.
- With his first earnings, he bought a Hublot watch.
- Ranbir has an inch long cut on his right cheek, as he was rushing to the bathroom in his childhood days and fell down on the pot.
- He took two years of training for Tabla and also learned to play the guitar for his movie Rockstar.
- Besides acting, he is a trained Jazz and Ballet dancer. He has also undergone horse riding classes.
- During his shoot for Wake-Up Sid, he tried around 65-70 boxers for the introducing shot, and all the boxers he has worn in the film were his personal boxers.
- Ranbir was the first choice for the role of Bittoo Sharma in the movie Band Baja Baarat, but he wasn’t able to get that. Later, he regretted not being the part of the film at Koffee With Karan.
- It was revealed in some TV show that whenever Ranbir wants to look healthy for some award show or a ramp walk, he wears two to three T-Shirts under his attire and even sometimes wears a double number of jeans.
- He was approached for the second lead in Star Wars, but he refused.
- Apart from earning a handsome amount of money from his films, he still takes his pocket money of ₹1500/week from his mother.
- In an interview with Arnab Goswami, he told that his biggest inspiration is his grandfather, not his father, although he is a big fan of his father’s work and has watched all of his movies.
- Ranbir suffers from Nasal Deviated Septum due to which he speaks and eats really fast.
- He has often tried to quit smoking, but he couldn’t. He admitted in an interview that he lacks the willpower to quit smoking.
- For his song “Naadan Parinde” in the film- Rockstar in 2011, he tried nearly 2 dozen wigs.
- He is very much Brand conscious and prefers wearing Prada slippers at home.
- Ranbir is a coffee buff and drinks 2 cups of Espresso after waking up. Moreover, he carries his Espresso machine with him on his shoots.
- On his 30th birthday, Sanjay Dutt gifted him a red Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Ranbir is addicted to Candy Crush that whenever he finds some leisure time, he loves playing it.
- He has a habit of adding up the digits on the number plate of every vehicle that he sees on the road, while he is driving.
- He has not seen any of his mother’s movies because he told that he feels shy about watching it, as he avoids if someone would comment on his mother’s work.
- Film ‘Sanju’ became Ranbir’s first film to reach the ₹200 crore mark.
Ranbir Kapoor: Social Media Handle
- Ranbir Kapoor On His Father’s Last Film, Wrapping Brahmāstra
- RANBIR ALIA MARRIAGE FEAT. CRAZY BOLLYWOOD
Here I have tried to share everything about Ranbir Kapoor like his biography, net worth, career, family details, age, place of birth, education and more.
This post might be missing something. If you think anything is missing about Ranbir Kapoor’s Biography let me know in the comment section.
* Credits for all information and images go to their rightful owners. I don’t own anything.
Also check Biographies&Networth of :
Frequently Asked Questions:
These pheras hold the newlyweds in a sacred bond that ties them together as each other's spouses in all situations of life. Every Hindu wedding has at least 4 pheras and these pheras hold a special meaning and are related to the 4 Purusharta or big pearls of wisdom of life: Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha.
The actor had made himself available on social media to promote a brand he was endorsing, but once the campaign was over, his online presence too disappeared....or did it? In an interview with Rajeev Masand, Ranbir revealed that he is secretly on popular photo sharing app - Instagram.
2004: Back in 2014, in an interview, Alia Bhatt revealed that she met Ranbir for the first time on the sets of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Black' when she was just 11. “When I first met Ranbir, I was probably 11 years old.
ALIA BHATT AND RANBIR KAPOOR
They have a 10-year age difference between them, but that hasn't affect them. Alia was just eleven years old when she started liking Ranbir. The 11-year-old Alia had auditioned for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 2005 film, Black.