|QUICK INFO:||Age: 34 Years||Nationality: |
Robyn Rihanna Fenty prevalently known as Rihanna is a Barbadian vocalist musician who gave us hits like ‘Pon de Replay’, ‘SOS’, ‘Umbrella’, and ‘Soak up the adulation’. An extremely fruitful craftsman still in the prime of her childhood, she has previously sold more than 41 million collections and 150 million melodies around the world, becoming one of the most outstanding selling specialists ever. Brought into the world in Barbados, she grew up paying attention to reggae music and started singing when she was very youthful.
Upset by her turbulent day to day life and the steady contentions between her folks, she submerged herself in music and in a little while understood that she needed to be an expert vocalist. She shaped a melodic gathering while still in secondary school and got an open door to a tryout with music maker Evan Rodgers who was profoundly dazzled by the teen’s gifts. He requested that the young lady move to New York to seek after a full-time vocation as a vocalist which she readily did.
Her presentation collection was before long delivered and Rihanna turned into a melodic sensation in a little while. Her enthusiastic, foot-tapping melodies turned into the hot top picks of the youths persuading her to wander into films too. Pretty, youthful and exceptionally capable, she is today viewed as a youngster symbol and a design symbol. Rihanna likewise effectively utilizes her distinction and is effectively engaged with a few worthy missions
Let’s take a look at her Biography.
|Real Name||Robyn Rihanna Fenty|
|Nickname||RiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe,|
Queen of Pop, Bajan beauty
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
|Age||34 years ( as of 2022)|
|Birthplace||Saint Michael, Barbados|
|Current Residence||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Fashion, Designer, Model,|
|Boyfriend / Affairs||Negus Sealy (2001-2003)|
Chris Brown (2007-2013)
Josh Hartnett (2007)
Ryan Phillippe (2011-2012)
Asap Rocky (2013)
Karim Benzema (2015)
|EDUCATION & FAMILY|
|School Name||Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School|
Combermere High School
|College / University||None|
|Educational Qualification||High School drop out|
|Ethnicity||Afro-Guyanese, Afro-Barbadian and Irish|
|Father Name||Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor)|
|Mother Name||Monica Braithwaite (Retired|
|Brother Name||Rorrey Fenty |
|Sister Name||She has two half-sisters and a half-brother,|
each from different women that her father was
|Hair Color||Dark Brown, dyed Black|
|Height||In Centimeters – 173 cm|
In Meters – 1.73 m
In Feet – 5 feet 8 inches
|Weight||In Kilograms – 60 Kg|
|Favorite Food||Callaloo and Jerk Chicken of Barbados and|
|Favorite Actor||Terrence Howard and Denzel Washington|
|Favorite Actress||Jessica Alba, Halle Berry and Meryl Streep|
|Favorite Color||Pink, Red, Black, Green|
|Favorite Hobbies||Singing and Dancing|
|Favorite Movies||Napoleon Dynamite/Borat|
|Favorite Designers||Zac Posen and Dsquared|
|Favorite Artist||Bob Marley|
Rihanna: Early Life
Rihanna is born to the couple, Monica and Ronald Fenty. Her mother is a retired accountant and father is a supervisor in a warehouse. Robyn Rihanna Fentywas born on February 20, 1988, in Saint Michel, Barbados. Rorrey and Rajad Fenty are her brothers. She has two half-sisters and two-half-brothers from her father’s side. She was selling clothes with her father in a roadside shop.
Her father was alcoholic and drug addict. Rihanna was suffering from a severe headache in her childhood. She loved music, and at the age of seven, she started singing.
Rihanna studied in Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School and Combermere High School. She had enrolled as a cadet in the military programme. She had a desire to graduate from high school. Her love for music made her make music as her career
Rihanna lived the life of an ordinary island girl. Rihanna participated and won countless beauty pageants. She was first noticed when she performed on Mariah Carey’s single “Hero” in a talent show conducted at her school. Her life changed perpetually when one of her good friends took her to meet a noted producer from New York, Evan Rodgers, who was in Barbados for a holiday with his wife.
Rodgers was impressed by her and immediately arranged for her to relocate to New York and meet the legendary rapper Jay-Z, CEO of Def Jam Records. He auditioned her and knew she has in her to make it incredibly big. She was 16 then when she was contracted to Def Jam and released her maiden album Music of the Sun. Her debut album became an instant hit and over two million copies were sold worldwide. Since then, she’s gathered remarkable success with songs like “Umbrella,” “Unfaithful,” “Take a Bow,” “Disturbia,” “We Found Love” and “Diamonds”.
She over the years has become one of the biggest global pop stars with an unstoppable edgy image. In her illustrious career, Rihanna has also won multiple awards, including MTV and Grammy awards.
In addition to her own list of numerous hit songs, Rihanna has also featured on a host of famous songs by other artists, including Eminem’s “Love the Way You Lie,” Jay-Z’s “Run this Town,” Kanye West’s “All of the Lights” and Maroon 5’s “If I Never See Your Face Again” amongst others. Her trademark is Leather and revealing outfits, Bright red hair and green eyes, ever-changing hairstyles, her many tattoos, Strong Bajan accent and Mezzo-soprano vocals. In addition to acting, she has also tried her hands at acting. In 2017, she was seen in the psychological horror drama television series titled Bates Motel. She will be next seen in the Ocean’s 8 which will be releasing in June 2018.
She’s arguably the most successful artist over the last decade and as of now; she has reached over 3 billion YouTube views.
Awards and Accolades
Rihanna has been awarded:
- 8 Grammy Awards
- 12 Bill Board Music Awards
- 12 American Awards
- 8 People’s Choice Awards
- Icon Award.
- Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award
- Best-selling music artists of all time
In February 2017, Rihanna was named Harvard’s “Humanitarian of the Year”. Former US president, Barack Obama, praised Rihanna’s humanitarian work stating: “You’ve become a powerful force in the fight to give people dignity”.
Rihanna: Net Worth
|Net Worth (2022)||$1.7 Billion USD|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$6 Million +|
|Yearly Income||$70 Million +|
- Was signed to Def Jam Records at age 16.
- Her musical inspirations include Alicia Keys, Beyoncé and Destiny’s Child, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Gwen Stefani, Bob Marley and Brandy Norwood.
- Attended Combermere which is a sixth form school similar to high school in America.
- Attended Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School in Bridgetown, Barbados.
- Performed Mariah Carey’s inspirational song “Hero” at her school’s talent show.
- Her father is from Barbados and her mother is from Guyana. Rihanna’s paternal grandfather, Reginald Leslie Forde, was of Afro-Bajan ancestry, and Rihanna’s paternal grandmother, Betty Fenty, who is Caucasian, has English, Scottish and Irish ancestry. Rihanna’s mother is of Afro-Guyanese descent.
- She has two younger brothers, Rorrey and Rajad Fenty, two half-sisters and a half-brother from her father’s side, each born to different mothers from previous relationships.
- Stated in an interview that her friend and former Island Def Jam record label artist Fefe Dobson was someone that she admired and looked up to, having a fellow black artist writing, singing, and performing the music she truly loves.
- Ranked #8 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2007 list.
- Ranked #15 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
- Sampled Michael Jackson’s 1983 song “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin'” in her 2007 song “Don’t Stop the Music”.
- According to Fashion Lifestyle, she has had over 150 hairstyles since her music career took off in 2005. Her trademarks are her Long Straight Brown (2006), Medium Length Black Bob (2007) and Short Cropped look (2008).
- According to Forbes magazine, she made an estimated $15,000,000. 
- Was tagged “The Digital Download Queen” due to her songs being downloaded over 75,000,000 times combined.
- Her third studio album “Good Girl Gone Bad” (2007) was the third highest selling album in the world in 2007 and was the eighth highest in 2008. It has sold just under eight million copies worldwide and has spawned three number one Hot 100 hits and two worldwide number ones.
- Has appeared on the cover of Italian Vogue for there “Extreme Couture” edition. [September 2009]
- On August 29, 2009, her ex-boyfriend, Chris Brown, was sentenced to five years of probation, six months of community service and one year of domestic violence counseling as a result of his attack on her in February 2009.
- Her third single “Rude Boy”, from her fourth studio album “Rated R”, became her sixth American number one single. This makes her the most successful female artist of the last 10 years.
- She and then-boyfriend Chris Brown canceled their performance at the Grammy Awards just hours before the show started after Brown was caught up in a late-night domestic dispute, which later turned out to be a physical attack on Rihanna. [February 2009]
- She’s the highest paid female celebrity to sit front row at fashion shows. She’s paid an estimated $100,000, followed by Beyoncé, who is estimated at $80,000.
Rihanna: Social Media Handle
Here I have tried to share everything about Rihanna like her biography, net worth, career, family details, age, place of birth, education and more.
This post might be missing something. If you think there is anything missing about Rihanna’s Biography let me know in the comment section.
* Credits of all information and images goes to their rightful owners. I don’t own anything.
Also check Biographies&Networth of :
Frequently Asked Questions
Rihanna has joined Forbes's annual billionaires list for the first time ever—a major career feat. The singer and Fenty Beauty founder was named a billionaire by the outlet in August, and still retains that status. She has a net worth of $1.7 billion, according to Forbes, and is the 1,729th richest person in the world.
Savage X Fenty and Fenty Beauty are co-owned by LVMH, a French luxury giant owned by billionaire Bernard Arnault. Rihanna owns 50 percent of Fenty Beauty, according to The New York Post. According to Forbes, Savage X Fenty is reportedly worth $270million as of March 2022.
In 2005, Rihanna was discovered by American record producer Evan Rogers in her home country of Barbados. The 16-year-old's demo was then sent to Def Jam Recordings, where it was played to the company's new CEO Jay-Z. Jay-Z invited Rihanna to audition and RiRi left the audition with a six album record deal...
He's #1,929 on the list with a net worth of $1.5 billion. And, of course, the list was full of returning billionaires too. After becoming a billionaire last year, Kardashian, 41, landed at #1,645 on the Forbes' billionaires list Friday, with a net worth of $1.8 billion.
But as much as she was once grinding in music, Rihanna is now grinding in beauty and fashion. She launched her Fenty Beauty line in 2017 and then followed that by debuting her Savage x Fenty lingerie brand in 2018.
As a refresher, Rihanna first launched Fenty Beauty back in 2017 and, thanks to her commitment to inclusivity and innovative formulas, it was a massive success. She followed it up with Fenty Skin in 2020, and is now building out her next brand: Fenty Parfum.
Rihanna's Daily Routine:
7AM – Wake Up, Pray. 8AM – Enjoy a Protein Filled Breakfast. 9AM – Take a Walk. 11PM – Indulge in a Carribean Style Curry.
The majority of her wealth comes from her three businesses — Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin and Savage x Fenty — rather than her music.