|QUICK INFO:||Age: 29 Years||Profession: |
Considered as one of the best ‘Disney’ kid entertainers, Selena Gomez’s life can be portrayed as a poverty to newfound wealth story. Be it the separation of her folks when she was as yet a youngster, or the frightening desperation that she needed to endure, nothing held up traffic of her prosperity. At a youthful age, she concluded that she would continue in the strides of her mom and become an entertainer. Getting going with minor jobs in ‘Disney’ creations, this entertainer demonstrated her backbone and before long rose to notoriety.
At the susceptible age of 22, she has proactively gotten 58 esteemed grants, for her splendid exhibitions as both an entertainer and an artist. What has made her more charming to her admirers are the social causes she puts stock in and battles for.
Be it the government assistance of devastated kids in immature countries, or the insurance of deserted creatures, she has done everything to achieve an adjustment of the world. This breathtaking vocalist asserts that her motivation as a music artiste comes from the popular Bruno Mars, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Skrillex, and Taylor Swift. The last option is a dear companion of Gomez, and they are frequently considered indivisible by spectators. Peruse on for more data on her life and works
Let’s take a look at her Biography.
Selena Gomez: Biography
|Full Name||Selena Marie Gomez|
|Occupation/Profession||Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Producer|
|Famous For/As||as Selena Gomez|
|Date of Birth||22 July 1992|
|Age (as in 2022)||27 years|
|Birthplace||Grand Prairie, Dallas, Texas, US|
|Hometown||Grand Prairie, Dallas, Texas, US|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Affairs/Relationship(s)||Abel Makkonen Tesfaye|
|Height (approximate)||In Feet-Inches – 5’4”|
|Weight (approximate)||In Kilograms – 59 Kg|
|Body Measurements||34- 26- 35 Inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Ricardo Joel Gomez|
|Mother||Amanda Dawn (Mandy)|
|Sister||Gracie Elliot Teefey |
|Favorite Actors||Johny Depp|
|Favorite Actresses||Rachel McAdams|
|Favorite Singers||Britney Spears, Cheryl Cole|
Selena Gomez: Childhood & Early Life
Born on 22 July 1992, Selena Gomez’s age is 29 years as of 2022. She was born and brought up in a middle-class family from Grand Prairie, Texas, United States. She completed her early schooling through homeschooling in Texas and completed her high school graduation in the year 2010.
When Selena was born her family was facing financial troubles and her mother was just 16 years old at that time. Her mother was brought up alone as her parents got divorced when she was only five years old. Her mother did private jobs to meet their financial needs and even sacrificed her life to brought up Selena. She grew her interest in acting and singing after she watches her mother preparing for stage productions and after that, she decided to pursue her career in the entertainment industry.
Family & Personal Life
Selena Gomez belongs to a middle-class family from Grand Prairie, Texas, United States. She is known to have American nationality and belongs to the Christianity religion.
Her father’s name is Ricardo Joel Gomez who is a small businessman and her mother’s name is Amanda Dawn or Mandy Teefey who is a former stage actress and later works as a private employee in various jobs.
She has two younger half-siblings, her sister’s names are Gracie Elliot Teefey from her mother and her second husband and Victoria Tori Gomez from her father and her second wife. Her stepfather’s name is Brian Teefey and her stepmother’s name is Sara.
Selena Gomez’s marital status is unmarried. She was dating Abel Makkonen Tesfaye who is a popular singer and songwriter from Canada. The couple dated for a brief period in the year 2017 and even moved together temporarily.
Before that, she was also in a relationship with popular singer, songwriter, and actor Justin Bieber. The couple started dating each other in the year 2010, after which they got separated several times till the year 2017, after which they announced their separation publicly.
She has also dated Nick Jonas who is a popular actor, singer, and songwriter from America. The couple dated each other for two years from 2008 to 2010.
Selena Gomez: Career
Selena Gomez started her career as an actress in the American TV series Industry. She gained interest in acting after watching her mother practicing performing on stage. She auditioned for multiple roles and she along with Demi Lovato bagged the role in the 2001 series ‘Barney & Friends’, starring in 13 episodes.
While working on ‘Barney & Friends’ she did a cameo role in the 2003 film ‘Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over’ and the 2005 TV film ‘Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire’. In 2006, she also starred in an episode of the Disney Channel series ‘The Suite Life of Zack and Cody’.
In 2007, she played the role of the pop star ‘Mikayla’ in the Disney Channel hit series ‘Hannah Montana’. While doing this, she also filmed pilot episodes of ‘Arwin!’ and ‘Steve Sanchez’, both Disney channel series.
She worked as the lead role of ‘Alex Russo’ in the Network’s series ‘Wizards of the Waverly Place’. In 2009, she also starred in the movie on this series too both of which were highly successful commercially, critically, and her mainstream success as well. During this, she also worked with ‘Another Cinderella Story’ and its sequel ‘A Cinderella Story’.
Later, she also recorded the theme song for the series ‘Everything is Not What It Seems’ and later appeared in the 2008 music video ‘Burnin Up’ by the Jonas brothers. As a promotional single, she released her sound-track song ‘Tell Me Something I Don’t Know’.
She voiced as ‘Helga’ for ‘Horton Hears a Who!’, a famous commercially successful film. At the mere age of 16, she signed with ‘Hollywood Records’ a recording contract and started her own production company called ‘July Moon Productions’ in 2008.
In June 2009, she starred in a few series, remixes, title songs, and films by Disney Channel including ‘Princess Protection Program’, a critical success. In August 2009, Selena and the group released their debut studio album which went Number 9 on Billboard 200.
In 2010, she launched ‘Dream Out Loud’, a fashion line. In 2011, she starred in a film called ‘Monte Carlo’ and for this, she learned Polo and 2 different British accents. She and her scene released their 3rd and final album the same year. She has appeared in a lot of ad commercials as well.
Till date, Selena has endorsed a lot of brands some of which include Kmart, OPI, Adidas, Pantene, Louis Hilton, Coca-cola, Coach Inc, Puma, and many more. She once also worked with Adrenalina, an extreme sports, and adventure-themed lifestyle brand to manufacture and distribute her fragrance.
On 6th November 2011 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, she hosted the MTV Europe Music Awards. She worked in the controversial film ‘Spring Breaker’ and later premiered at the 37th Annual Toronto International Film Festival.
Awards & Achievements
- This young celebrity actor has been nominated on 125 occasions, and has won some of the most prestigious awards for her songs as well as acting performances.
- This talented actress was honoured with the ‘American Latino Media Arts Award’, (‘ALMA Award’) in 2009 for the series ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’. For the same show, she received the ‘Gracie Awards’, and the ‘Imagen Awards’. She has also been the recipient of seven ‘Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards’ for ‘Wizards of Waverley Place’.
- From 2010-12, the German, ‘Bravo Otto’ awards have been presented to Gomez on six occasions. During the same time, she was also declared the ‘Woman of the Year’, by the ‘Glamour Awards’.
- For her philanthropic services, she received the ‘Chris Greicius Celebrity Award’ from the ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation’, and the ‘Young Visionary Award’ at the ‘Unite4: Humanity’ ceremony, both in 2013.
- Around the same time, she was also given the ‘MTV Video Music Awards’ for the single, ‘Come & Get It’.
- In 2014-15, she received the Broadcast Music, Incorporated (BMI) Awards as a songwriter for the tracks, ‘Come & Get It’ and ‘Slow Down’.
- Gomez has won the ‘Teen Choice Awards’ five times, for films like ‘Princess Protection Program’, ‘Another Cinderella Story’, and ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’.
Gomez has released two studio albums, one EP, and one compilation album in her solo career.
Gomez was the lead singer of the former band Selena Gomez & the Scene, which released three studio albums and one remix album.
- Stars Dance (2013)
- Revival (2015)
Selena Gomez & the Scene albums
- Kiss & Tell (2009)
- A Year Without Rain (2010)
- When the Sun Goes Down (2011)
Selena Gomez: Networth
|Net Worth (2022)||$75 Million|
|Profession||American singer and actress|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$0.5 Million +|
|Yearly Income And Salary||$6 Million +|
- Selene’s name means “Goddess of the moon.”
- She made her acting debut at age 7, with the TV show ‘Barney and Friends’, where she met her best friend, Demi Lovato
- She drinks alcohol.
- Gomez is smoke.
- Her fame began with a role in Disney’s kids’ show when she was only seven.
- In July 2012, Selena launched her own line of perfumes called “Selena Gomez” and it is an all-exclusive to Macy’s.
- In July 2012, Selena was chosen as the cover girl of Elle Magazine.
- She has a celebrity crush on Logan Lerman.
- Gomez won the MTV Video Music Award in the classification Best Pop Video for “Come and Get It” in 2013.
- She is a tattoo lover and has at least has 8 of them.
- Selena is an avid dog lover and is a pet parent of 6 rescue dogs – Willie, Wallace, Fina, Chip, Chazz, and Baylor.
- She loves ‘Coach x’ handbags, and a limited-edition collection of it, the Selena Grace bag, was designed in collaboration with Gomez.
- Her go-to jewelry – ring, and earrings.
- She likes to relax by Epsom salt bath.
- The first concert she ever attended was a Britney Spears concert, and a few years later, she interviewed Britney Spears at the 2011 MTV Video Music Award.
- In 2009, she became UNICEF’s youngest goodwill ambassador.
Selena Gomez: Social Media Handle
- Selena Gomez Reveals Why She Will Never Marry
- 73 Questions With Selena Gomez | Vogue
- Selena Gomez Carpool Karaoke
Here I have tried to share everything about Selena Gomez like her biography, net worth, career, family details, age, place of birth, education and more.
This post might be missing something. If you think there is anything missing about Selena Gomez Biography let me know in the comment section.
* Credits of all information and images goes to their rightful owners. I don’t own anything.
Also check Biographies&Networth of :
Frequently Asked Questions
Her father is of Mexican descent, while her mother, who was adopted, has some Italian ancestry. Gomez's paternal grandparents emigrated to Texas from Monterrey in the 1970s.
Selena Gomez's mother, Mandy Teefey, has given birth to a girl child. Mandy gave birth to the baby on 12th June with Selena's step dad, Brian Teefey, Us magazine reported. The singer confirmed the news on her facebook page and thanked her fans for their well wishes.
As of 2022, the singer and songwriter doesn't have any children. There have been many rumors over the years, however, even one which involved her and Justin Bieber having a child, but these can be disregarded as they aren't true.
Chris Evans and Selena Gomez GETTING MARRIED ON 14th February, Rumor Explained.
Selena Gomez fans seemed convinced the singer is pregnant in 2021 following her social media video. However, she is NOT pregnant but is healthy and happy. TikTok is becoming a famous platform where celebrities have been showing their talent.
Selena Gomez, in full Selena Marie Gomez, (born July 22, 1992, Grand Prairie, Texas, U.S.), American actress and singer who won legions of young fans as the winsome star of the Disney television series Wizards of Waverly Place (2007–12) and as a pop vocalist.
In real life, Selena does not have a twin sister, just two younger half-sisters: Gracie Elliot Teefey, through her mother Amanda Dawn “Mandy” Cornett and her second husband Brian Teefey, and Victoria “Tori” Gomez, through her father Ricardo Joel Gomez and his wife Sara.
E! reported that both Grande and Gomez's families attended the ceremony along with a few of Grande and Gomez's close friends. The wedding day was “emotional,” with both families giving toasts.